Pre-ApprovaL:YOUR 1st Step In Buying A HomeIn many markets across the country, the number of buyers searching for their dream homes outnumbers the number of homes for sale. This has led to
Douglas County First Time Home Buyers Help
The booming metro Denver real estate market makes sellers salivate, but for buyers it creates a whole set of problems. Where are the homes to buy? Then, if you find one you like, more than likely you will end up in a bidding war with other buyers. What buyers get squeezed out the most in this process? First-time home buyers because they often have lower incomes to meet the rising house prices and don't have the equity built up to compete against investors and other buyers who do.
To help meet the needs of first time home buyers, Douglas County, long known as one of the wealthiest counties in the United States, has a down payment assistance program providing $15,000 to get these buyers into a home. Here are the steps:
1. Attend a free first-time home buyer class. This class must be done before having a signed sales contract -- so do this early!
2. Complete a loan application with an approved lender with the Douglas County Housing Partnership.
3. Meet with Douglas County Housing Partnership to determine eligibility. For example, borrowers must occupy the home as their primary residence and meet certain income guidelines.
4. Choose a Realtor and find your home in Douglas County. I work out of both Denver and Colorado Springs -- so let me come to you to help!
5. Close the home purchase and move-in to your new home!
Don't let the intimidating market keep you out of your first home. Call me today and let me help you get into your first home.
Denver Colorado area real estate -- Darrick Kizlyk -- Realtor at EXIT Realty DenverTech Center and EXIT Realty Pikes Peak. Darrick Kizlyk is your relocation expert using his training in education, geography, and real estate for Denver, Colorado Springs, and the southern bedroom communities of Parker, Castle Rock, and Monument. Call me for all your sales needs or let me get you into the house of your dreams! Darrick Kizlyk 719-360-3935
With 12 years in public education as a teacher and 3 years as a Realtor, I bring that background to help educate home buyers and sellers along the Front Range from Denver to Colorado Springs and up th....
Latest Blog Posts
While it might seem premature to think about selling a home before you even buy it, it's important to remember that a house is an investment. And in an ideal world, investments make&