I feel like i owe ALL my sellers an apology! I have decided to sell my home in Lone Tree and getting a house ready to sell is NO FUN!!! As a real estate agent we sometimes forget how
5 Tips To Help Sell Your Home For Top Dollar
The housing market continues to show promise nationwide with increasing home prices and low inventory. Now is an excellent time to sell if you have been thinking about moving into a larger home. Even when inventory is limited, preparing your home well before it goes on the market is key to a quick sale and getting top dollar. I'm here to help guide sellers when it comes to readying their home, but here are some terrific tips to help.
You likely already know that you should de-clutter, clean thoroughly, and remove your personal photos, but it is important to understand that buyers may notice things you overlooked. In order to increase opportunities to attract that perfect buyer for your home, follow these 5 steps to give your home every advantage in the marketplace.
1. Fresh paint. The exterior of your home is the first thing that potential homebuyers see so it is important to make sure your curb appeal is in tip top shape. If you have any spots that need touched up, now is a great time to do that.
Applying a fresh coat of neutral paint to any interior rooms where there is a bold color is always a good choice. While this may seem like a lot of work, it could make all the difference to a potential buyer, as they may not have the same tastes as you.
2. Clean screens, windows and air vents. We sometimes overlook the dirt, lint and dust that can accumulate in window screens and air vents. Vents can be cleared of dust by using a vacuum, and screens can be removed and sprayed with a hose to remove dirt. Cleaning windows both inside and out can have a big impact and buyers will want to see the view outside from every room.
3. Replace light bulbs. Few things can make a living space look smaller than dim lighting, so spruce up with new bulbs. Be certain to replace any bulbs that are burnt out in chandeliers and double check all bulbs on the exterior as well.
4. Fill in the cracks. Wood expands and contracts which can cause cracks in painted doors and moldings. Filling the cracks with caulking material and repainting will make them disappear and rejuvenate the detailing of your home.
5. Pressure wash. Sidewalks, home siding, and porches that are covered in mold, dirt and mildew can be a serious eye sore for potential buyers. Take a trip to your local hardware store and rent a pressure washer to boost curb appeal.
Buyers are looking for homes that have been well maintained and are in good condition. When your house is listed for sale, everything you do to make it stand out from the competition will be to your advantage. Hopefully these tips will give you the advantage when you sell and your house will spend only a short amount of time on the market.
I'd love the opportunity to help you sell your home for the most amount of money, in the least amount of time. Call or text me today to schedule an appointment. Shae Bordewick 720-837-8191
Denver Colorado Realtor - Shae Bordewick. As an experienced real estate agent and a certified negotiation expert, I help buyers and sellers achieve the best price and terms possible. I work throughout the Denver Metro area, but I specialize where I call home, Littleton Colorado. Feel free to call me for a complimentary marketing consultation and let me show you how I can maximize your return on your real estate investment. Shae Bordewick 720-837-191 or email me at [email protected]
As a Full Time real estate agent for the past 23 years, Sheryll has helped hundreds of home owners in Colorado buy and sell their homes. Sheryll's easy going, no pressure style and her in depth knowl....