10679 W Cooper Place, Littleton, COCome see this immaculate & Updated Littleton home! Open to the public Saturday, September 22 from 11 am- 3 pm. 6 Beds, 4 Baths, 3254 Sq Ft. *Appealing
11 Things You Did Not Know About Thanksgiving Foods
1) Turkey was not always the star of Thanksgiving - Based on the account by Plymouth Colony governor William Bradford, there was probably turkey at the first Thanksgiving, but it wouldn't have been the star attraction it is today. The centerpiece of the meal was more likely goose or duck.
2) Missing staples from the first Thanksgiving - mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce and pumpkin pie.
3) The Butter ball turkey talk- line was instituted in 1981 and they receive over 100,000 call during this time. 2013 was the first year the help line had male operators.
4) Minnesota is the leading producer of turkeys in the US - 44,352,000 birds
5) The world's largest pumpkin pie weighed 3699 pounds and was 20 feet wide
6) “Farewell, O Fragrant Pumpkin Pie” is an actual opera song.
7) The first US cranberry bog was created in the mid-1800s
8) The famous Ocean Spray cranberry farmers are played by actors Henry Strozier and Justin Hagan
9) There's some dispute over who created the turducken. Louisiana chef Paul Prudhomme claims to have introduced the chicken-inside-a-duck-inside-a-turkey in the '80s and even nabbed the trademark, but Hebert's Specialty Meats insists they stuffed those birds first in '85.
10) Campbell's corporate kitchen created the green bean casserole in 1955. Campbell estimates $20 M of cream of mushroom soup it sold annually just for Thanksgiving dinners.
11) Yankee candles have a whole Thanksgiving candle collection.
With more than a decade of experience, LaDawn enjoys educating first time home buyers, working with the 55+ community, relocation clients, sellers who want to downsize, step up purchase or anything in....
Latest Blog Posts
Beautiful Falcon home in sought after "Fairways" of Lone Tree. As you walk though the doors to this striking home you will see a sweeping staircase the pulls you into the open floorplan. Vaulted