10679 W Cooper Place, Littleton, COCome see this immaculate & Updated Littleton home! Open to the public Saturday, September 22 from 11 am- 3 pm. 6 Beds, 4 Baths, 3254 Sq Ft. *Appealing
For the second year in a row, Austin, Texas has been named the best place to live in the United States.
"As more millennials are starting families and thinking about their careers with a more long-term scope, their choice of where to settle down brings more factors into the mix than before,"These are the 10 happiest states in the US
Compared to last year, the 2018 list also introduced 25 additional, smaller metro areas that offer competitive job markets and value compared to the country's biggest cities, says Thorsby.
The study analyzed survey responses from 3,000 people as well as data collected from the U.S. Census, the Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index, the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the FBI Uniform Crime Report and other U.S. News rankings.
"The job market certainly still plays a major role in the decision," Thorsby adds, "but so does the affordability of the area, the quality of education, commute time and growth of the area, signifying the metro area's long-term success, among other factors."
Here are the 10 best places to live in the United States in 2018.
1. Austin, TexasMagalie L'AbbT | Getty Images "Greetings from Austin" street art mural.
2. Colorado Springs, ColoradoMargaretW | Getty Images A family hikes up the red mountains and green hills in Garden of the Gods, Colorado Springs, Colorado.
3. Denver, ColoradoJon Paciaroni | Getty Images Young couple enjoying the sunset and each others' company at Sloan's Lake in Denver, Colorado.
4. Des Moines, IowaMonte Goodyk | Getty Images Skylift riders going into the sunset at the Iowa State Fair in Des Moines, IA.
5. Fayetteville, ArkansasWesley Hitt | Getty Images Residents enjoy the saturday morning Farmers Market on the square in downtown Fayetteville, Arkansas.
6. Portland, OregonJordan Siemens | Getty Images A young couple hiking and exploring the waterfalls in Oregon's Columbia Gorge.
7. Huntsville, AlabamaRichard Nowitz | Getty Images Adolescents at the United States Space Camp in Huntsville, Alabama pass a space shuttle model on their way to class
8. Washington, D.C.Richard T. Nowitz | Getty Images Crowds of tourists visit the Jefferson Memorial's Tidal Basin during the annual Cherry Blossom Festival.
9. Minneapolis, MinnesotaPer Breiehagen | Getty Images A bike rider on a fatbike going up a frozen waterfall in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
10. Seattle, WashingtonBill Hinton | Getty Images Seattle, Washington
Colorado Springs' booming job market and high quality of life contributed to the city's climb from No. 11 to No. 2 this year, according to a press release from U.S. News.