I have to say my husband and I are big fans of the Gaines family! Unfortunately, I have way too much eccentric decor from my self proclaimed artist days and not to mention a mish-mash of hubby
One of the many questions that arise with many of my buyer clients is "should I get a home inspection?"
My answer is always it's up to you but I always recommend yes and here are the top 5 reasons why:
1) Buying a home is an emotional experience as well as a huge financial decision you need to protect your investment.
2) Hidden things you can't see for example radon gas which isn't uncommon in Colorado.
3) When purchasing a home you're about to spend anywhere from $150K-1 Million Dollars or more. Don't you think it's wise to spend the $200-$1000 it may costs for inspections to save you from a issue that could potentially cost you Thousands?
4) Inspection periods in contracts are for you protection and it's a legal option for termination of the contract if you find something during your inspection that makes you not want to buy the house.
5) Outdated electric panel boxes, missing carbon monoxide detectors, water damage, roof issues, possible hazard material storage or drug use. Are these the normal or common? NO!! In my experience most home inspections go rather well with minimal if any issues that typically buyers and sellers are able to negotiate some kind of agreement on for the seller to still sell the home to the buyer.
If you really want to know more about why you should get a home inspection to protect your investment here's an overview from HUD: https://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/documents/huddoc?id=92564-cn.pdf
I am a seasoned Realtor who is a Military Relocation Expert. I reside and work in Colorado Springs, Colorado including Ft. Carson and the Pikes Peak Region. I have been a Real Estate Professional for....
Latest Blog Posts
Words literally taken from the title of the article. These are the kinds of ideas I'm talking about for those of you who want to make real estate investment a part of your business (making a
|Address:||Denver Tech Center | Cherry Creek | Colorado Springs
DENVER, CO 80206