72 Willow Dr. located in the beautiful southern Colorado Rocky Mountains. With so much beautiful land to explore, you can walk right out the front door and right onto the Conejos
Most of us fall into the habit of disposing of all of our household items when they’ve broken, expired, or simply are no longer useful. But for environmental and safety reasons, here are five items that need to be disposed of with care:
1. Old batteries: Batteries contain chemicals like alkaline, zinc, cadmium, and nickel. These chemicals can be hazardous if a battery deteriorates, so take your old batteries to a hazardous waste center.
2. CFL lightbulbs: CFL bulbs (Compact Fluorescent Lamp) are much more efficient than incandescent bulbs, but they require different care once they burn out, because they contain mercury. Take them to a waste center.
3. Paint: Water-based paint is OK to be thrown in the trash. But oil-based paints can be hazardous. You could take them to a hazardous waste center, or you could donate the paint—community centers and non-profit organizations are a good start.
4. Electronics: Replacing your computer, or just getting rid of old junk? Instead of throwing your old electronics straight in the dumpster, take them to an e-waste center, or consider donating if the items are still useful.
5. Smoke detectors: Make sure to replace them every 10 years. Ionization smoke detectors actually emit a small amount of radiation, so you should mail them back to the manufacturer.
Call me to learn more about the real estate process, the state of your local market and to help you buy or sell a home. I'm always happy to answer any and all questions. To determine the value of your home click here or call / text Ray Sage at (720) 933-4729 for your complementary home valuation.
Ray Sage, REALTOR
EXIT Realty - DTC
Thinking of selling your home? CLICK HERE for an instant valuation of your home - FREE!
Thinking of buying a new home? Click to start your new home search: Aurora, Denver, Highlands Ranch, Littleton, Lone Tree, Englewood, Castle Rock, Golden, Lakewood, Thornton, Westminster, Parker
As a Full Time real estate agent for the past 23 years, Sheryll has helped hundreds of home owners in Colorado buy and sell their homes. Sheryll's easy going, no pressure style and her in depth knowl....
Latest Blog Posts
|Address:||Denver Tech Center | Cherry Creek | Colorado Springs
DENVER, CO 80206