Denver has so much to offer and the world is on to all the greatness Denver provides to families, singles, young, old, internationals, and a variety of industries and demographics. Here are
Winter is just around the corner, take advantage of some of these helpful tips to stay safe and warm this winter season.
1. Remove watering hoses from spigots before freezing temperatures arrive. The water trapped in the hoses will freeze, expand back into the spigot and come springtime when you turn on the water it will leak water both inside and outside of your home.
2. Check your furnace, the last thing you want to do is replace your furnace in the dead of winter. It can get cold real fast and be quite costly.
3. Bring your pets indoors! If you can't bring them in for some reason at least give them a place to get out of the wind with shelter, like the garage or a dog house.
4. Increase feed for pets and livestock, they will burn more calories trying to keep warm.
5. For pets or livestock add more bedding, such as straw for your horse stalls, or a snuggly blanket for your pets to sleep on.
6. Give your vehicle a "checkup" including fluid levels, a fully charged battery, good traction on your tires or even invest in a set of studded snow tires.
7. When driving in the snow keep a safe distance between your vehicle and other vehicles, especially large and heavy trucks, as it is difficult for them to stop.
8. Prepare a vehicle safety kit in case you get caught in a storm. Consider including a battery operated radio with extra batteries, cat litter to use for traction on the ice or snow, a flashlight also with extra batteries, jumper cables, matches in a waterproof container, a shovel, ice scraper, utility knife, blanket(s), bottled water, non-perishable food (like some energy bars), map of the area, and even some road flares.
9. When getting dressed for the cold weather, always dress in layers! The layers trap air between them and add lots of warmth. When it is very cold consider hand and toe warmers too.
Living in a cold weather climate can have its challenges, but I wouldn't trade the coats, boots, fires in the fireplace, and sipping a cup of hot coco on a cold winter's morning for all the beaches in Mexico.
Karen Zaczkowski sells Real Estate in the South Denver Metro Colorado area including; Highlands Ranch, Centennial, Englewood, Littleton, Parker, Greenwood Village, and Aurora.
For a free market analysis of your home call Karen today at 303-96 1-5246 or contact Karen at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit her website at denvermetrohomesnow.com
As a Full Time real estate agent for the past 23 years, Sheryll has helped hundreds of home owners in Colorado buy and sell their homes. Sheryll's easy going, no pressure style and her in depth knowl....
Latest Blog Posts
|Address:||Denver Tech Center | Cherry Creek | Colorado Springs
DENVER, CO 80206