Keep Your Car at Home
If you have been driving in Denver lately, you know the traffic has gotten horrendous. It doesn't matter what time of day, I 25 is alway bumper to bumper, and drivers are becoming more and more careless. This is what happens when Denver is one of the top ten places to live and we have already outgrown our T Rex plans. Here are the top neighborhoods with light rail access.
- Five Points is one of Denver’s oldest neighborhoods and is located on the northeast side of Denver’s Central Business District. It’s Light Rail station – located at 25th Street and Welton – aids in making this Five Points neighborhood one of the most walkable in Denver.
- Lower Downtown Denver (LoDo) is the lower downtown area of Denver and the oldest, original, settlement of the city. It’s also the home of Union Station, Denver’s Light Rail Hub. You can access just about every form of public transportation from here.
- Stapleton is located 15 minutes northeast of downtown Denver. It’s a newly-developed community built on the site of the decommissioned Stapleton International Airport, which closed in 1995. Stapleton’s Light Rail station is Central Park Station which is just a 25-minute ride to DIA.
- The Washington Park neighborhood is situated around Washington Park and hosts a number of historic buildings, lakes, tennis courts, lawns, large flower gardens, and a recreation center. The neighborhood also feature a convenient Light Rail stop called Louisiana – Peal Station.
- Littleton, located about 30 minutes south of downtown Denver, features several locally-owned shops, restaurants, and bars. It’s easy to get to on the Light Rail, too! Just hop off at Littleton Downtown Station.
- Greenwood Village is a hub for urban and residential development. It’s home to the Denver Tech center, making it an especially desirable place to live. It’s Light Rail Stations – Orchard and Arapahoe at Village Center – provide direct access to several different business complexes.
- Aurora is located just east of Denver and is the second largest city in the metro area. Thanks to its appealing - Light Rail accessible - location, abundant recreational activities, strong business climate and variety of housing options, Aurora continues to attract new visitors and residents each year.
- Westminster is home to about 100,000 residents, many of whom regularly take the Light Rail. The city offers beautiful views of the mountains and easy access to nearby shopping centers, restaurants, parks and open space. It’s about a 20-minute ride for Westminster Station to Union Station in downtown Denver.
Denver Real-Estate Concierge - A realtor that has your back.
Sell or Buy your way, traditional or by the auction method: Tamara Whelpley has lived and worked in Denver for over 30 years and is an expert in Washington Park, Cherry Creek, Highlands and throughout the Denver corridor. Consulting is her top priority. She understands the importance of communicating and keeping you informed throughout the real estate process. She is also well informed and experienced on where to ski, bike, hike, golf, and dine at the new upscale restaurants throughout beautiful Denver, Colorado. Tamara is a trained auctioneer and would be happy to discuss the benefits of buying and selling real estate at auction in a hot market. Visit her website to be linked directly to the best information on real estate in Denver.
Text Tamarajo to 85733 for her mobile business card
Get the Value of your home by clicking here
Tamara Jo Whelpley 303-877-9663