Six Tips on How To Buy a New Construction HomeThank you for checking out our first of six part series. Please contact our Team for more information!AURORA NEW BUILDS MEET THE
7 Steps For Buying A Home
So you've decided you'd like to buy a house? GREAT! You've come to the right place. Here are the basic steps you'll take to becoming a home owner.
1. Select your Realtor. Choose a Realtor (me). One you trust and who has subscribed to the strict code of ethics by joining the Association of Realtors. Also, keep in mind that you don't usually pay your Realtor when you are buying a home, but the seller typically pays the Realtors involved. Most first time home buyers aren't aware of this and it sometimes stops them from moving forward from pursuing their dreams of buying a home.
2. Getting a loan. Unless you have the cash on hand to buy a house outright, you'll need to have a lender lend you the money on a home. This very important step is called getting 'pre-approved' for the loan. The lender will provide you with a pre-approval letter once you provide them the documents needed to determine your purchasing power. Also, this letter must be provided with any offer you put in on a home. Most seller's won't even look at your offer if you aren't pre-approved for the loan first.
3. Look at houses! Now this is the fun part. I will work with you on your wish list of things you'd like in your new home. Remember that no one single home will have 100% of what you want on your wish list, but striving for at least 80% is realistic. As your Realtor, I will search the Denver Multiple Listing Service for the criteria you have set for your home search and schedule the showings for both of us to attend together.
4. Your Offer. Once you find the home you want to purchase, you need to make an offer to the sellers. We will discuss the details of your offer such as how much you will put down, the terms of your loan, and all dates and deadlines that we will need to set during the escrow period. I'll prepare the Real Estate Commission approved forms to submit your offer along with your pre-approval letter from your lender. I will work closely with you during this period of negotiations and manage timely responses to all dates and deadlines on your behalf.
5. Due Diligence Period. Now that your offer is accepted you will want to have your home inspected to make sure you are comfortable with it's current condition. I can help you find reputable professionals for your home inspection. I will also facilitate, on your behalf, the inspection resolutions requests you may have of sellers before you go forward with your purchase. Next, your lender will have the property appraised to make sure they are comfortable lending the amount of money you offered on the home, minus your down payment and any concession that may have been accepted by the sellers.
6. Closing and Possession. A closing date is set when you make your offer and is handled by the title company the sellers have selected to use for the sale of their home. Closings usually take 30-90 minutes and I will be there with you to help facilitate the closing and answer any questions that may arise. During the closing you will sign title transfer documents and lender/funding documents. Your lender will then wire the money to the title company who will, in turn, wire funds to the sellers and their lender. Possession of the property will be determined when you submit your offer. Together we have determined what you need for a possession time and date. Before submitting your offer I call seller's agent and worked out the details of a possession time and date on your behalf.
7. Enjoy your new home!
As an agent with EXIT Realty Denver Tech Center, Mandi brings special tools and solutions that exceed the expectations of her clients. She understands the stresses and hassles involved in the buying and selling process and strives to alleviate these concerns for her clients. If you are considering listing your property in the Denver area please call or text Mandi at 303-246-7985 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org to start the process with a knowledgeable and trustworthy real estate professional.
As a Full Time real estate agent for the past 23 years, Sheryll has helped hundreds of home owners in Colorado buy and sell their homes. Sheryll's easy going, no pressure style and her in depth knowl....