Why do people buy a home? Are the motivations the same for families with small children vs. retirees vs. millennials.Know your motivation. This will help you stay on track with
I don’t know anyone who is against saving some cold hard cash and a good way to start saving that hard, earned money is by saving some energy! Below are 5 helpful tips to help you save money and energy!
1. Change your air filter regularly. Experts recommend changing your filter 1 to every 3 months. Really, it all depends on what kind of system you have, so general rule of thumb is to check monthly to see how dirty the filter is. Once you gage on how quickly it is getting dirty, write yourself a note on the calendar and swing by your local hardware store or even Target or Walmart to pick up a new one. Keeping the filter clean, helps keep the air in your household more allergen free as well as keeping good air flow, which means your unit doesn’t have to work as hard. Saving you some green!
2. Proper use of your ceiling fans. The majority of ceiling fans come installed with a switch. Just simply slide the switch to the opposite side, to change directions. In the summer, your fan should be turning counter clock wise, this will force the air down, creating a cooling effect. In the winter, your fan should be turning clock wise, drawing the room air up and force the warm air out into the room.
3. Don’t heat unused spaces. It could be a guest room, storage space or even bathroom. Whichever the case, close the registers in those rooms that are not being used. This will stop the heat from filling those spaces that don’t need it and re-direct the air, into the used rooms. Remember, heating a smaller area is always cheaper than heating larger areas.
4. Use a programmable thermostat. Most programmable thermostats can run between $40-$100, which is a small cost in comparison to what you will be saving over the years. According to ENERGY STAR the proper use of a programmed thermostat can save a household around $180.00 per year!
5. Window Coverings. In the winter, keep your window coverings open during the day, to take advantage of our natural heat source, the sun and in turn, in the summer, keep those shades drawn, to keep the sun out. The nice part, is there is always a variety to choose from, weather you are looking for blinds or drapery, both can be found at your local hardware store or ever Target and Walmart! It also can add a nice decorative touch to your room!
As always, I am here to help! If you are interested in buying or selling or even need some more tips on saving some money on your utility bills. I am here to answer all your questions, walk you step by step through the real estate process and make sure you're taken care of, every step of the way!
EXIT Realty Cherry Creek
#robinkuntz #exitrealtycherrycreek #realestate #buying #selling #coloradohouses #coloradohomes #energy #savingmoney #efficiency #energyefficiency
As a Full Time real estate agent for the past 23 years, Sheryll has helped hundreds of home owners in Colorado buy and sell their homes. Sheryll's easy going, no pressure style and her in depth knowl....
Latest Blog Posts
|Address:||Denver Tech Center | Cherry Creek | Colorado Springs
DENVER, CO 80206