One of the weird topics that you don't think too much about until the plants start looking more cactus like than they should be...There's a lot of thought that goes into where to place potted plants
5 Home Staging Tips
The best thing you can do to prepare your house to go on the market is to stage your home. Below are five helpful tips to get your home show ready!
1. Get rid of clutter. This means, getting rid of all the non-essentials. They key to this is to make the key elements of your house visible as well as giving the clients a spacious feel, rather than feeling claustrophobic in clutter. This may even mean purchasing a small storage unit, to store items in, while you are in the process of selling.
· Clear countertops of all non-essential items.
· Buy wardrobe boxes and clear closets of as many clothes as you can, so clients can see the space.
· Eliminate as much furniture as possible. Now, don’t completely clear out a room, but make sure you can give clients a clear idea of the space and just enough room so they can see their creative vision.
2. Make the home more neutral in color. I know, it’s fun to decorate and make a home yours. But, if you have chosen to go with a bright or unique color scheme anywhere in your house, it’s probably time to get some more neutral colors up. This will help create a ‘warm’ feel to the home and help clients see more versatility with the color scheme.
· These could be warm beiges, taupes or ivories.
3. Enhance curb appeal. Remember, it’s the first thing they are going to see when they pull up, so it’s going to be the first impression a potential buyer sees.
· Make sure your front yard is tidied up and neatly manicured.
· Make your front porch inviting with flowers or potted plants.
· Keep walkways, driveways and siding clean, with just an occasional spray down.
4. Clean. There is nothing worse than walking into a filthy house. It leaves buyers wondering if this is our first impression, what’s underneath the surface as well as the feeling that it may be too much work to get cleaned up, if purchased.
· Keep floors vacuumed.
· Keep hardwood/laminate mopped.
· Wipe down countertops and bathrooms.
5. Pick up after your beloved pets. We love our pets around here, but also know that there isn’t anything worse than walking into a home for a showing and being bombarded by the smell of a dirty litterbox or a backyard unable to be viewed because of the land mines of dog poop just waiting to be stepped in.
· Keep your yard as clean as possible of animal waste.
· Keep your litterbox clean and out of the main rooms.
· Keep fish tanks or any other animal atriums clean.
· Keep pet toys picked up and in a general location.
There are a variety of other helpful hints in helping you get your home show ready and as always, I am here to help! If you are interested in buying or selling, I am here to answer all your questions, walk you step by step through the real estate process and make sure you're taken care of, every step of the way!
Exit Realty Cherry Creek
With over 38 years of family experience in real estate, I am familiar with every Colorado neighborhood you can imagine, from Arvada, Aurora, Bailey, Brighton, Bennett, Berthoud, Blackhawk, Boulder, Broomfield, Centennial, Cherry Creek, Commerce City , Central City, Conifer, Dacono, Denver, Evergreen, Firestone, Ft. Collins, Ft. Morgan, Golden, Greeley, Greenwood Village, Johnstown, Lakewood, Lochbuie, Longmont, Loveland, Milliken, Northglenn, Parker, Strasburg, Thornton, Windsor, Stapleton, Green Valley Ranch, Reunion, Todd Creek Farms, West Woods, Cherry Hills, The Highlands, LoHi,Adams County, Arapahoe County, Boulder County, Broomfield County, Denver County, Douglas County, Gilpin County, Jefferson County, Larimer County, Weld County and everywhere in between!
As a Full Time real estate agent for the past 23 years, Sheryll has helped hundreds of home owners in Colorado buy and sell their homes. Sheryll's easy going, no pressure style and her in depth knowl....
Latest Blog Posts
JUST LISTED!!!!!1663 S. Elizabeth St. Denver, CO 80210Listed By Kevin Fletcher, Realtor - Exit Realty Cherry CreekList price: $789,0004 Beds3 Baths2,209 Sq