Work to hard to not reward yourself with a house of your dreams. http://avery.denverhomesearchnow.com/index.php?types=1&areas=county%3ADENVER&fbts=6613144&beds=0&baths=0&min=0&max=30000000
3 Reasons Why Being Last Is Better Than Being First In Real Estate
3 Reasons Why Being Last Is Better Than Being First In Real Estateby JOHN FEDRO on MAY 30, 2014 ·
1. Be The Last To Quit:I was the 5th investor to see a seller’s beautiful 2-story newly built 2,300 square foot home for sale. The seller had been trying to sell her vacant property unsuccessfully for 4 months without the help of any Realtor or agents. The house was very clean and move in ready.The seller’s two biggest hurdles to overcome were properly marketing the house and advertising for theright type of buyers. This home was located off the beaten-path so drive by traffic was almost non-existent.In addition this home was being sold post real estate collapse and while there was a void of bank qualified buyers available, there were plenty of seller financing buyers with down payments waiting and ready to own. This property needed a correct advertising plan and to be sold via owner financing for a quick profitable resale.As I was the last investor to see the property and my purchase offers were conservative at best, I believed there was little chance that my offer(s) would be accepted.On our first meeting together the seller and I talked for more than 2 hours. We discussed friends, family, vacations, hobbies, work, business, the property, and more.By the time we said “good bye” the seller was clear on how I could help purchase her sell her home and how I could not help her. While I was at the home I made the seller 2 purchase offers, a low cash purchase offer and a purchase subject to the mortgage with some seller carry-back financing included.Related: BP Podcast 070: From Zero to Hundreds of Deals in Under Two Years with Grant KempShe said she was not interested in these offers currently but to check back with her in a few weeks. I did just that.Over the course of 90 days I followed up with this seller making different offers every time we spoke. As the seller’s situation changed I morphed my offers to better suit her needs.As time went by the seller realized that my offers were the only ones still on the offer table. All my other investor-competition moved on and gave up on this seller.We ended up closing 4 months later with a Master Lease Option to take control. With persistence and determination I was able to gain control of the property that others could not. My secret was being the last to give up on this seller.According to followupsucess.com:
- 2% of sales are made on the first contact
- 10% of sales are made on the fourth contact
- 78% of sales are made on the 5th to twelfth contact
2. Be The Last To Lose Faith:During the beginning of my investing career I looked 15 years old. I had little idea what I was doing when I was talking to sellers.I made hundreds of errors that lost me money, time, and deals along the way. I was consistently told I would fail by close friends and even family members. I was my loudest and constant supporter.Everyone gave up on my dreams and my ability to succeed except me. Thousands of time you could have already given up but you continue forward. Congratulations to you! Continue forward and never give up on yourself or your future.Be your #1 cheerleader and know that if anyone else has had the success you wish to achieve there is no reason why you can’t follow in their success. Be the last to give up on yourself each day.
3. Be The Last to Leave:Some of the strongest and most valuable real estate advice, mentors, and connections I have made came from local and national real estate investor seminars and club-meetings.Related: 3 Reasons Why Attending Conferences Is Essential For Your Success In Real EstateWhile I am not typically a night owl, I do make the exception for these meetings. During weekly real estate investor club meetings I make it a point to be one of the last ones to leave the meeting in fear of missing something.Attach yourself to everyone’s and anyone’s conversation to network and grow your experience. Whether you are simply listening to learn or to add content you are welcome to join in any conversation other investors are having.Here is a secret sentence you may use the next time you find yourself alone and unable to network at a local investor meeting or seminar. Go up to a group of investors talking and ask (with a smile), “Hello. Is this a private conversation or may I join in?” Repeat every time you have no one to talk to and learn from.In conclusion there will always be people who are smarter, more talented, better connected, and better funded than you. However they don’t always win. Be the last to give up on yourself; then, even if you don’t succeed, you still win. Love what you do daily.
I love this! Staying Positive after many failures is the key to Success in this Business! I Think this is a great reminder to all agents alike in any market! Always be last! :)
As a Full Time real estate agent for the past 23 years, Sheryll has helped hundreds of home owners in Colorado buy and sell their homes. Sheryll's easy going, no pressure style and her in depth knowl....
Latest Blog Posts
Are you tired of having to drive every where? Check out theses wonderful homes located on the West Side of Colorado Springs. These properties are within walking distance of shopping, parks and