Denver has so much to offer and the world is on to all the greatness Denver provides to families, singles, young, old, internationals, and a variety of industries and demographics. Here are
10 Ways To Prepare You Home For The Best Appraisal
With Denver's market being so hot these days we are consistanly seeing purchase prices become higher and higher nearing or far exceeding appraisal value of homes. Here are some helpful hints to help your home apprais for TOP Dollar!
Prepare Your Home for an Appraisal in 10 Easy Steps
1. Do a walk-around with a critical eye. Look for any issues, loose floorboards, leaking roof, gutters not working properly that could lower your home’s value. These types of things show that the owner has responsibly maintained the property.
2. Be aware of the $500 rule. As a general rule, assume that small issues such as correcting old wallpaper, damaged floor tiles, or a broken door, will subtract $500 per issue from the total value of your home. It’s best to fix these small problems immediately.
3. Look beyond your house into the surrounding area. Be sure to point out any new schools, highway interchanges, stores or other amenities that were added since you purchased the house to the appraiser. This could be helpful in the event the appraiser may not be aware of these amenities, they could add value to your home.
4. Be sure to inform the appraiser of any home improvements made. New siding, gutters, HVAC unit, roofing, updated bathrooms and kitchens and new additions can positively reflect on your appraisal.
5. Do a little research on other homes in your neighborhood: what are the values of the homes similar to yours? What are the sales prices of the recently sold homes? What problems have they experienced during their appraisals? Much of this information can be found in public records or even ask your neighbors about their appraisal experiences.Update your home’s materials.
6. Update counter tops, paint or reface cupboards and replace old flooring. Keep the new materials neutral, but modern.
7. Safety equipment such as carbon monoxide and smoke alarms and home security systems should be installed and working properly.
8. Spruce up a little. Hang new curtains, repaint the walls, and install shiny new faucets and doorknobs. While making these updates don’t add up to much in an appraisal, they will give the home an updated appearance and positive impact on the appraisal.
9. Give your yard some attention. In addition to mowing your grass and trimming your shrubbery, consider removing any dead trees before the appraisal inspection. Add a little color with flowers and remove weeds from flowerbeds. High curb appeal receive better appraisals.
10. Clean up. Shampoo the carpet, wash the walls, declutter, power wash driveways, the exterior and decks.
If you would like a FREE NO OBLIGATION certified Market Analysis done on your home call 303-981-2750.
For more info on buying or selling your home visit Www.buydenverhomesnow.com and Chat with a live professional!
Michael is a motivated realtor specializing with investors and new home buyers located in the following areas; Denver, Arvada,Aurora and surrounding areas. Michael Steffen uses advanced internet marketing to insure your property gets maximum exposure and holds a high value of ethics in his work to ensure the ideal scenario for everyone! For help with buying or selling a property call 303-981-2750!
My name is Michael Ross Steffen. I’m an Exit Realty Cherry Creek Agent in the Denver metro area. I specialize in advanced marketing, buying, selling and investing for seasoned, as well as first time....