We will be hosting this beautiful home open tomorrow (5/19) from 11-2PM! Food, drinks, views and friendly faces! 7338 S. Himalaya WayCentennial, CO 800162.5 acres, up to 2 horses
10 Ways To Look For Investment Properties
10 Ways to Find Real Estate Properties for Investment
- Word of Mouth – Don’t keep your interest in investment properties to yourself; other people could help you with your search. By letting other people know that you are in the market to buy, and letting them know what you’re looking for, you increase the chances that you’ll find the right property.
- Realtors & Real Estate Agents – Why not go straight to the people who know? Realtors and real estate agents have access not only to their own sellers, but to the sellers of colleagues and other contacts, increasing the chances you could find what you’re looking for.
- MLS Listings – Multiple Listing Services, otherwise known as MLS, are collections of properties for sale by different real estate brokers throughout the United States. There may be multiple MLS for different communities, though, so you might have to do some digging to find all the properties for sale on the MLS in a given area.
- Locals Newspapers & Circulars – While it seems a bit old fashioned, many homes are still listed for sale in local newspapers and circulars dedicated entirely to homes listed for sale in a given area. You never know what kinds of gems you might find newspapers and circulars.
- Craigslist – Craigslist.org has basically turned into the online version of the local newspaper classifieds. You’ll find everything for sale here that you would in a newspaper – including potential investment properties, whether you’re looking for a commercial building or a single-family home to rent out.
- Specialty Websites – You can search websites like BiggerPockets.com, LoopNet.com, Realtor.com and other websites for different types of properties in which you could invest. There might be some sites geared specifically to properties in certain larger cities as well.
- For Sale by Owner – Though it’s not the best way to sell a property, some sellers still just stick a sign out in front and wait for buyers to come find it. If you’re looking to invest in a certain area, take some time to drive around. You just might find something that isn’t listed anywhere online.
- Auctions – Banks have to unload those foreclosures somehow and many of them are sold at bank foreclosure auctions. There are also even sheriff and city auctions for properties taken due to taxes owed. You could also check out the specialty website, Auction.com.
- Outbound Marketing – If you have the budget for it, you could try to bring the sellers to you through outbound marketing. It requires money up front, though, to do things like print direct mail pieces, pay for postage, and more.
- Making an Offer – See a property you like? What’s the harm in making an offer? The worst that can happen is someone says “No.” But what if they say yes?
10 Ways to Look for Investment Properties by Ken Horst
If you are considering purchasing an investment property or building a portfolio of investment properties I can guide you through the process. As an investment property specialist I work closely with investors helping them to find below market value homes.
For more information email me at email@example.com or call me directly at 720-837-8191.
As a Full Time real estate agent for the past 23 years, Sheryll has helped hundreds of home owners in Colorado buy and sell their homes. Sheryll's easy going, no pressure style and her in depth knowl....