Six Tips on How To Buy a New Construction HomeThank you for checking out our first of six part series. Please contact our Team for more information!AURORA NEW BUILDS MEET THE
10 Tips For Selling Your Home
You are ready to sell your home. In the Denver market that is not difficult but it is still advisable to prepare your home so
it shows like a model home. It will get you top dollar. The energy and time it takes will be rewarded.
1) Remove the Clutter: This may be one of the most cost effective things you can do. You want to maximize
the perceived space. You want the buyer to see the space NOT your stuff. Rent a storage unit if you need to put your
things in a safe place.
2) Paint the Interior and Exterior: A fresh coat of paint can work wonders. Dark colors make the space look dreary and small.
Use contemporary colors to give new life to rooms and the exterior which creates great curb appeal. Stick with white and light
creamy colors for maximum benefit. Sherwin Williams offers some excellent interior home painting tips that are worth a look.
3) Address Odors: Smell is powerful, and can easily drive someone away from buying your home. However, you may not even realize the smells are there. Ask an outsider that you trust, like your Realtor, to let you know if there are any unpleasant odors – like pet or cooking odors – and address them before you show. Believe it or not pet odors can kill a home saleThis happens because some buyer fear they won’t be able to get rid of the odor once they purchase the house. Don’t take any kind of chance with home odors !
4) Consider a Professional Cleaning. A clean home is inviting and a dirty home can be a total turn off for a buyer.
Make sure your bathrooms and kitchens are clean. Buyers will take notice of these. Also, have your carpet cleaned
so they look fresh and have no spots.
5) Hire a great real estate agent:
If you are noticing a trend here, that’s because there is one. Hiring a professional can take a lot of the heavy lifting off your plate. Before a real estate agent even begins their work of selling a home they can be a great source of knowledge in pricing your home correctly. Without the right price everything else you do will be meaningless! Don’t be like so many other sellers who put pie in the sky price tags one their home. This is a sure recipe for failure An exceptional local real estate agent who knows the market like the back of their hand.
6) Put a sign in the Yard: Buyers drive the neighborhoods they want to live in. Even though on-line marketing is |
awesome, don't under estimate the drive by traffic and letting the neighborhoods know you are selling. They have
family and friends who may be looking.
7) Make sure your photos are exceptional: The consumer starts looking on line. If you home is not well
represented with awesome photos you are not helping the situation. Photos are the gateway and introduction to your
home. A professional agent will have a professional photographer take your pictures and may even include arials.
8) Consider Video: There are great photographers who also do videos and 3-D videos. Another great way to show case your
home and allow the consumer to see it on line. Again, this is another area that makes working with a professional is important.
9) Repair all items your real estate agent recommends: Many renovations are arguably a bad investment for sellers, as
it is hard to get your money back in the sale. But if your real estate agent advises that you fix some things, like faulty
wiring, a hole in the fence, a leaking toilet or a visible stain in the ceiling, you should do it. These are things that the
buyer may balk at, or demand a lower price because they feel immediate attention is needed. Secondarily when the
buyer does their home inspection more than likely they will
be trying to renegotiate the sale price or worse asking to back out of the deal.
10) Take our pets somewhere for showings: It is hard to imagine when you are a pet lover that not everyone is.
Pets may intimidate or scare children and the pets stress out when strangers are in their home. Take them somewhere
they are comfortable.
There you have it. A few tips that will help sell your home.
With more than a decade of experience, LaDawn enjoys educating first time home buyers, working with the 55+ community, relocation clients, sellers who want to downsize, step up purchase or anything in....