One of the weird topics that you don't think too much about until the plants start looking more cactus like than they should be...There's a lot of thought that goes into where to place potted plants
10 Quick Tips To Prepare Your Home For Holiday Guests
The holidays are upon us and you may be entertaining the idea of hosting family and friends, but just can't imagine how to whip your home into shape without adding extra stress to the already busy season. Here are 10 tips on how to prepare your home for guests so that you too can enjoy and share the beauty of the season in your own space!
1. Stash the clutter! Analyze your space and store everyday items to make room for guests and holiday decor. Put away obvious items in their assigned place and then take a breath and enjoy the extra space you have created.
2. Visualize your holiday decor spread about your home in accent areas, then dig in and select the pieces you want to display and have fun decorating!
3. Create a space for your guests coats and bags by hanging extra hooks in the entryway or emptying space out of the coat or hall closets. This will allow you to verbally direct guests to these areas and reduce congestion, creating an easy flow through your entryway.
4. Determine separate seating arrangements for gift exchanging, mealtime, conversation, and game play if needed. Anticipate areas of potential congestion and arrange for ease of movement, moving furniture and/or furnishings to increase comfort and minimize potential damage to your home.
5. Create a space for children and teens to play, watch movies, play video games or board games and a toy area for small children.
6. Create a quiet/sleep space with a changing area for infants and small children so that parents can soothe a fussy or sleepy child away from the revelry and return to the celebration after the child is ready or has fallen asleep.
7. Stock bathrooms with extras such as hand soap, towels, toiletries for overnight guests, t.p. and facial tissue.
8. Prepare bedrooms for overnight guests, creating space for luggage, bags, portable cribs, etc, and stocking with extra blankets and pillows if needed.
9. Create your menu in advance, whether your celebration is small or large, to allow for shopping and prep time, as well as determining fridge/freezer space, drink options and storage.
10. Plan your food layout in advance. Arrange for an hors d'oeuvres table in an area separate from the kitchen to satisfy snack needs prior to mealtimes. Consider establishing a "drink station" in another room away from the kitchen as well. These ideas will reduce trips to refrigerator and kitchen congestion, creating better traffic flow for you and all of your guests.
After you plan and arrange for your anticipated guests, you will have the freedom to enjoy hosting your loved ones and hopefully will be able to look back on fond, peaceful memories of your holidays instead of a frenzied blur of a whirlwind of activity. Celebrate and enjoy the beauty and peace of Christmas this year and into the new year!
13 years Experiance with sales involving all types of buyers and sellers needs. Single family home, town-home or condos no matter the need or location through out the greater Denver area and all surro....
Latest Blog Posts
JUST LISTED!!!!!1663 S. Elizabeth St. Denver, CO 80210Listed By Kevin Fletcher, Realtor - Exit Realty Cherry CreekList price: $789,0004 Beds3 Baths2,209 Sq